Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thing #10 Wiki's

I've been looking at all the wiki links and really searching my brain as to why we would use one for our library. I can see uses of project involvement with others, I like the library that showed all their new items by month. I could see us doing that but I could also do that in a blog. Unless I would want feedback about something we were doing, I don't think I would wiki, wiki, wiki!
I did go out to 23 things on a stick wiki and put in a comment in the comment tab.
I've looked at several of the wiki examples. I am still having a hard time thinking of uses for our library. I joined PBWiki and have been playing around with that. I'm beginning to feel a little overwhelmed with all the tools. I am at a stage in my career where I want to downsize my work load, all these tools seem to make more work?? Maybe I haven't used them enough. I have a hard enough time checking emails, much less blogs, wiki's etc. I have enjoyed learning about all the tools, just need to see where it would be practical to use them. Our college uses D2L for alot of our sharing, discussions, course info.

No comments: