Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thing #18 YouTube

This was fun to explore but very time consuming. I did use tags to narrow down my searches. Most of the videos to me were very immature and nothing I would want to post on my blog. I did return to one that I did post about cell phone use at school. It's called the Angry Professor and I don't know how staged it is but it does get to the point about cell phones in the classroom. I don't know about anyone else but I have a huge problem in the library with cell phones. Again, we do so much proctoring in our library that I try and keep it as quiet as possible, a cell phone going off is very distracting to people taking tests or just trying to read. No matter how many times I tell them or put signage up, it still remains a problem. I would like to show this video at our orientation but now I think I will just post it in my library blog for all to view!
I can see using different videos in my blog, even creating one myself on library research, orientation to the area, different procedures, the dewey decimal system. It would also cure my small desire to act!

No comments: