Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing #20 Facebook and MySpace

I made accounts at both of these. I didn't particularily like either one of them. They are way too teen for me. Too much glitz and glamour. I did have an old friend find me on Facebook which was fun to reconnect. Some of my students signed up to be my friends which I really didn't need to see their pages. As a prospective employer I would never put the things these students put on their pages for all to see. I enjoyed the Ning social network and would use that one before these two. I looked at other libraries using MySpace and found that most were for teen information. I don't plan to use MySpace at all. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all we have learned so far. It is hard to keep track of all the passwords, logins, just trying to check in on everything. I will have to pick and choose what I want to keep and use. The blog is still my favorite.

No comments: