Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing #21 Other Social Networks

I enjoyed looking at the other social networks. Like I said in the previous post, MySpace and Facebook are just too juvenile for me. I can see myself using Ning as my social network. I am probably the only one in Northern MN not to have a computer at home so I wouldn't be using Ning or any other network all that much. I think they are a great tool to connect with different groups and I am not saying I wouldn't use it during the work week. I did join the ASPCA since I am a dog lover. As I was writing this, one of our faculty came in to tell me about her evening on Second Life with her husband last night. They had a great time going on a date and visiting other islands. Thats all wonderful but I don't see myself using the virtual world all that much, I need to stay in reality, that works best for me. The same goes for the social networking, its fine but I would rather talk on the phone with my friends. Again, this has been very enjoyable to learn about but putting it into use is pretty far off the radar.

No comments: